UPDATE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
TheMART is interwoven into the fabric of Chicago’s history as an innovator in culture, art, business, fashion, media and more. It has an unmistakable presence on the banks of the Chicago River in downtown Chicago.
TheMART is the world’s largest commercial building, wholesale design center and one of Chicago’s premier international business locations. Encompassing 4.2 million gross square feet, theMART spans two city blocks and rises 25 stories, and is visited by an average of 25,000 people each business day; in total, nearly 10 million people visit theMART each year.
It attracts thousands of affluent consumers to its luxury kitchen and bath, home furnishings and outdoor furnishings showrooms each year, and is home to 15 major trade and consumer shows and hundreds of meetings and special events.
We are looking for the right person to support the Marketing Director and Vice President in Women’s & Men’s Apparel Trade Shows: STYLEMAX and Chicago Collective. The right candidate will be self‐motivated, have natural leadership abilities, and be career‐oriented.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting with the implementation of advertising, special events, websites, a direct mail program, sponsorships, customer relations, directory and trade show marketing.
- Maintaining websites for STYLEMAX and Chicago Collective.
- Campaign development including coordination, analysis, and continual monitoring forprogress
- Professionally representing clients in all areas of business
- Contribute to the growth and performance of the Trade Show
- Stay on top of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the marketing plans
- Support in Social Media initiatives on various platforms
- Manage and develop marketing promotions and materials
- Assist in obtaining Sponsorships.
- Fashion Show Production
- Hiring of models and freelance help for fashion shows
- Soliciting participants (exhibitors) for fashion shows and show floor displays.
- Assisting in all aspects of fashion show production and execution of fashionevents/displays.
- Establishing budgets for fashion shows / displays
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Must be extremely organized
- Must be able to multi‐task
- Expertise with Excel, Word, Power Point & Photoshop
- Expertise in all social media platforms
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, Marketing or Communications preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience in a business of corporate environment
Contact: Send resumes to Monique Lyle at firstname.lastname@example.org