Description: Azeeza US is looking for both business interns and design interns to work out of the brand’s Chicago Showroom. Overall, an internship with Azeeza will introduce you to the company’s efforts within the global, national, and local fashion industry and allow exposure to all facets of the business.
Business Intern Responsibilities:
- Observe and be introduced to the development of seasonal collections – from collection development (sourcing, etc.) to campaign execution and all in between (including activations in New York and Paris)
- Observe and be introduced to the happenings of the brand’s wholesale efforts, including their partnership with Barneys New York, Holt Renfrew, and more.
- Support maintenance of press archives with editorial press scans
- Support press, stylist and VIP sample pulls
- Maintain the daily organization of the stockroom and showroom
- Assist with preparation and execution of events (both on and off-site)
- Support showroom and client appointments, including retail
- Steaming/organizing of garments when necessary
- Perform necessary clerical duties, such as preparing and tracking outgoing shipments, sourcing necessary materials, and basic administrative tasks
Business Intern Requirements:
- Minimum of 15-20 required hours per week (Start date: 11/27/16).
- Applicant must be self-motivated with the ability to excel at designated tasks as an individual as well as a team unit
- Must be a team player ready to support all facets of business
Design Intern Responsibilities:
- Work closely with design team in a variety of learning capacities, including exposure to collection development, design / sample production, brand strategy, etc.
- Meet daily, weekly and long-term deadlines in a professional design environment
- Collaborate with the design team and support development with design solutions
- Assist with preparation for seasonal presentations and events
- Assist in development of technical flats + tech packs for production
- Learn advance techniques for software including Adobe Illustrator for the development of illustrations and technical drawings
- Steaming/alterations of garments as necessary
- Perform necessary alteration + construction duties, ranging from small in-house sewing tasks to assistance in sample development
Design Intern requirements:
- Successful candidates will come to the role with a strong art and design background, as well as a solid grasp of design concepts and comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite
- Prior experience with sewing, garment construction, and flat patterning strongly desired
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals + timelines
- Minimum of 12-15 required hours per week (Start Date 11/27/16)
- Must provide a relevant portfolio
- Applicant must be self-motivated with the ability to excel at designated tasks as an individual and as part of a team
- Must be a team player, ready to support all facets of business
Contact: To apply for the business internship, send resume and cover letter as one PDF attachment to email@example.com. To apply for the design internship, send cover letter, resume, portfolio and relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of email should read: Internship Winter 2016 Application. Please also include your earliest start date and availability.